Saturday, September 14, 2013

#Book Boyfriend of the Week #7



This is a meme created by Reading and Things for bloggers to talk about their book boyfriends and tease the readers with things they've said.


Want to participate?


Then all you have to do is:


1) Pick a book boyfriend, it can be from the book your currently reading or from one you've already read.

2) Write what kind of boyfriend he is, and if you want, say why you think that.

3) Pick a quote from his book, long or short, that proves he is the kind of boyfriend you said he is.

4) Make sure the quote, and the explanation DO NOT give away anything from the book (we want all of the twists and plot surprises to remain surprises).

5) Share it! And shout it out using the #Reading and Things.


My Book Boyfriend this week is the hot Torin from the Immortals series by Ednah Walters, (Book one is Runes and Book 2 is Immortals) He starts off arrogant, cocky and a bit rude, but changes and is sweet, fiercely protective and a great guy all around.
Teaser #1 ( arrogant jerk at first) from book One Runes

“He said he would be at the house of...” he pulled out a piece of paper from the back of his biker glove, the fingerless kind, and read, “Raine Cooper.”
 “That’s me. Lorraine Cooper, but everyone calls me Raine. You know, rain with a silent E,” I said even though he didn’t ask for an explanation. I tended to blabber when nervous. “Yeah, well, Eirik’s not here.”
“When do you expect him? Or should I ask when does he usually get here, Raine with an E?” the guy asked.
I bristled, not liking his mocking tone or the way he spoke slowly as though I was a dimwit. “He doesn’t always come here after school, you know. You could try his house or text him.”
Mr. Hot-but-arrogant shrugged. “If I wanted to use modern technology I would, but I’d rather not. Could you do me a favor?”
Use modern technology? Which cave did he crawl from? He spoke with a trace of an accent that had a familiar lilt. British or Aussie? I could never tell the difference.
He sighed. “You’re shaking your head again. Did my question confuse you? Am I talking too fast, too slow, or is it me? I’ve been told my presence tends to, uh, throw people off.”


Teaser #2 (conceited, from book one, Runes)

He must be seriously into working out. No one could be this ripped without hitting the gym daily.
“My face is up here, Freckles.”
My eyes flew to his, and heat flooded my cheeks. I rushed into speech to cover my embarrassment. “I, uh, I was just leaving to go to swim practice and… and...”
“I distracted you. Sorry about that.”
He didn’t sound sorry. “You didn’t.”
He cocked his eyebrows. “Didn’t what?”
“Distract me,” I snapped and snatched the mail in his hands. “Thanks. I was checking my text messages when I should have been paying attention to where I was going,” I fibbed.
Amusement flared in his eye, his expression saying he recognized my explanation for what it was: a lie. He had incredibly long lashes and beautiful eyes. Sapphire came to mind but…


Teaser #3 (Sweet, romantic, Steamy and Hot) From Immortals book 2

He cupped my face, caressing my cheeks with the pads of his thumb. “Forget privacy. I can’t wait.”
He lowered his head, his warm breath chasing the cool air off my skin. My lips tingled. In my fantasy he’d made me wait, teasing me and making me crave his touch. This was real, and I didn’t want to wait. I reached up, gripping his wrist, went on my toes, and met him halfway.
The taste of him sent every thought from my head. Every breath I took was filled with his scent. My hands moved to his chest and curled up, bunching the fabric of his shirt. His slipped through my hair and gripped the back of my head, the other moved lower, wrapping around my waist and bringing my body flush with his as he deepened the kiss. With each caress of his tongue, the hole inside my chest shrunk. This was what I’d been craving, this connection, the blending of our souls. Sensation after sensation rocked through me, and a moan escaped me. He echoed it then tore his lips away and pressed his forehead against mine, his breath ragged, his eyes closed.
“I needed that,” he whispered, his voice tight.
Me too. I buried my face on his chest, my arms wrapping round him.


Info below on these amazing books, you can also see my book tour post Here, if you want, there is also a giveaway too.

BOOK 1
Runes by Ednah Walters
Publication date:  May 20th 2013
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance

Synopsis:
Seventeen-year-old Raine Cooper has enough on her plate dealing with her father’s disappearance, her mother’s erratic behavior and the possibility of her boyfriend relocating. The last thing she needs is Torin St. James—a mysterious new neighbor with a wicked smile and uncanny way of reading her.

Raine is drawn to Torin’s dark sexiness against her better judgment, until he saves her life with weird marks and she realizes he is different. But by healing her, Torin changes something inside Raine. Now she can’t stop thinking about him. Half the time, she’s not sure whether to fall into his arms or run.

Scared, she sets out to find out what Torin is. But the closer she gets to the truth the more she uncovers something sinister about Torin. What Torin is goes back to an ancient mythology and Raine is somehow part of it. Not only is she and her friends in danger, she must choose a side, but the wrong choice will cost Raine her life.





BOOK 2
Immortals by Ednah Walters
Series: Runes #2
Publication date: August 5th 2013
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance

Synopsis:
Nothing can stop Raine Cooper when she wants something…
Raine finally knows that her gorgeous neighbor, Torin St. James, is a legend straight out of Norse mythology, and that her feelings for him are strong. Torin is crazy about Raine too, breaking the one rule he lives by: Never fall for a mortal. The problem is he no longer remembers her, his memories erased by Norns—Norse destiny deities—to punish her for defying them.

So Raine comes up with a plan…
She will make Torin forget his one rule a second time and fall in love with her all over again.
But she quickly learns that well-laid plans do not work when dealing with deities and supernatural beings. Desperate, Raine makes choices that could not only tear her and Torin further apart, but lead to the destruction of everything and everyone she loves.



5 comments:

  1. I have Runes on my TBR list. Thanks for all those teasers. Torin sounds like a guy I would definitely like to meet.

    Thanks also for stopping by my Book Boyfriend. :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello Torin St. James! We must get to know each other - well!


    Great pick. Haven't read these but I so should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! I think I will have to get this series!! Ednah is my kinda guy!!

    Thanx for visiting my Book Boyfriend!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I am loving him this week. :) Black hair, sapphire blue eyes that glow at times, he's hot as well, as has that personality. :) thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love to read through the 'battle rounds' before things get all swoony. I second that motion! "I needed that." :-)

    Thanks for checking out My Book Boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete