Saturday, August 31, 2013

Book Boyfriend of the Week #5



This is a meme created by Reading and Things for bloggers to talk about their book boyfriends and tease the readers with things they've said.


Want to participate?


Then all you have to do is:


1) Pick a book boyfriend, it can be from the book your currently reading or from one you've already read.

2) Write what kind of boyfriend he is, and if you want, say why you think that.

3) Pick a quote from his book, long or short, that proves he is the kind of boyfriend you said he is.

4) Make sure the quote, and the explanation DO NOT give away anything from the book (we want all of the twists and plot surprises to remain surprises).

5) Share it! And shout it out using the #Reading and Things.

My pick for my Book Boyfriend of the Week Emane from the Solus Trilogy by Devri Walls  WIngs of Arian, Wings of Tavea and Wings of Nestor, though there is a 4th book, so not sure why its still called a trilogy, lol. Below are some teasers from the first book, Wings of Arian. Its a great series, its a fantasy book (paranormal romance, its YA age category)  

You can go to my post for the series review (non-spoiler) and for the first chapter of book one if you want. Check out the others in the series, and the amazing covers for them, especially book fours cover. Go Here for that post

If you want to participate in this, and need the button and banners, I made them, and have 4 versions of them, I have them the last post HERE, so grab the one you want.

Teaser 1 (jerk/arrogant)
“Do you remember when we first met?” she asked, folding her arms in front of her. “You mistook me for a servant, handed me your laundry, and then was angry with me for not agreeing to do it anyway.”
He smothered a smile, “Most girls would have done the laundry.”
Her mouth twisted ruefully. Shaking her head, she said, “I knew that was the problem.”
“That you wouldn’t do my laundry? Please, Kiora, I have more than one...”
“No, you aren’t used to anyone standing up to you.”
“That’s ridiculous,” he scoffed.
“Really? You still seem to have problems with me standing up to you; or at least failing to grovel at your feet.” Like all the other girls, she thought.

Teaser 2 (sweet)
Emane put his hand behind her neck and pulled her into him. He kissed her, hard. It was desperate and strong and so much different from the first time he had kissed her. He softened his grip on her neck and kissed her again.
“Emane,” she whispered, “I don’t want to hurt you.”
“You won’t hurt me, Kiora.”

Teaser 3 (romantic)
“Kiora,” he said, leaning in as if he wanted to move forward but was riveted in place, “I love you.”
Tears rose to her eyes and guilt stabbed her heart, “Emane,” she pleaded, gripping her head, “don’t, please, I don’t deserve it.”
“Why?” he demanded, lurching forward, “Why don’t you deserve it?”
“Because, I can’t…I mean, I’m not ready to…” she stopped and buried her head into her knees.
He knelt beside her, “Because you can’t tell me that you love me?” A sob racked her body. “It’s okay, Kiora.” She felt his hand tentative on her back. “I am willing to wait until you are ready.”
Kiora squeezed her eyes even tighter, “Why?” Her voice was muffled from being shoved into her knees.
“Because,” he spoke with gut wrenching intensity, “you are worth waiting for.”



BOOK 1
Wings of Arian
by Devri Walls
Series: Solus #1
Published: April 24th 2012 

Synopsis:

Kiora thought she had never heard a lie until she was sixteen. But she was wrong. Her entire existence was based on nothing but. She thought that evil did not exist. Lie. That magic was not real. Lie. And that the land of Meros was all there was. One more lie.

With Aleric telling her that evil is knocking on the door and that she is the only one who can stop them she has a choice to make. Refuse, or start the wildest most painful ride of her life.
She reluctantly dips her toe into her new existence of magic and threads, dragons and shapeshifters, and the person who wants to take control of it all: the evil Dralazar.

However, this journey was never meant to be hers alone. She will be accompanied by a Protector. To her disbelief, and utter irritation they name the hotheaded, stubborn, non -magical, (albeit gorgeous) Prince Emane. They will have to trust each other with their lives, but right now Kiora would settle for a non hostile conversation.

And now it comes down to this, If you had never heard a lie, would you know when you heard one? Is knowing good from evil innate? Kiora finds herself having to decide who lives and who dies on those very questions.


Buy Links

7 comments:

  1. I like the sound of Emane. Thanks for sharing all those juicy little teasers.

    I agree with you on the book cover for Balthazar. I wouldn't have chosen it on that alone either. But the story is good. You might want to read the Evernight series first.

    Thanks for visiting my Book Boyfriend

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it took me so long. I've been sick all week. I love your choice and I think I'll be meeting him really soon!

    Pst... I think your 3rd teaser is my favorite! ;)

    Here's < a href="http://readingandthings.blogspot.com/2013/09/book-boyfriend-of-week-5.html">My Book Boyfriend!



    Catarina
    @Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! Emane sounds great... I think I would like him very much!!

    Thanx for visiting my Book Boyfriend!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pick. I'd like to meet Emane.

    http://www.alwaysyaatheart.com/2013/08/book-boyfriend-of-week-what-kind-is_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a girl who's not afraid to stand up to a guy. That's why I love Tease #1!

    Thanks for stopping by MY BOOK BOYFRIEND POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Because you are worth waiting for." AWWWW! Emane sounds great!

    Thanks for stopping by my Book Boyfriend!

    Ally @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete